Thursday 8 May 2014

Thrifty Thursday: Max Collection~


Today is my first of 2 reveals for May from Down a Dirt Road Scrapbooking.
I am focusing on 2 layouts that I created and some of their Thrifty characteristics. 


This months kit features patterned papers and stickers from the Max Collection from Bella Blvd.


My first thrifty find on this layout is the aluminum can tab I used as a metal embellishment. The photo above shows a sampling of the collection of tabs that I have acquired. This is a tough thing to do for a person that doesn't drink much other than iced tea and water.
There are a ton of colours you can find out there, you just have to keep your eyes peeled for them.


There were so many cute little coordinating stickers with this kit!


My second layout was a fairly simple one, but I wanted to use this VERY boyish kit with these photos of the girls. This left me a little strapped for which patterns to use.


The first thrifty bit of this layout is that I used the white cover sheet that you see below for matting my photos. It was just under cardstock weight, but great for photo matting along with my other cardstock.



The second thrifty bit is that I used an empty toilet paper roll as a stamp with my white DecoArt paint.


Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my first reveal for May from Down a Dirt Road Scrapbooking. Be sure to stop on by to the forum and check out some of our fun challenges and more tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!