Tuesday 20 May 2014

Amiche di Scrap: Music~

I am back with another creation for the Italian challenge blog, Amiche di Scrap.
The challenge this time around was to create a card with a musical theme. Well, I did that as well as I created a layout of the same theme. This was an easy one for me. As some of you may already know, our whole family is musical.
I have played the french horn for 27 years now! Sean and Margaret play the tuba & piano, and Zoe plays the clarinet and piano.
We have no shortage of musical photos.


For my card I used the Maggie Holmes collection from Crate Paper. It just happened to have some die cuts and tags with music printed on it.


I added a little texture using buttons, lace ribbon and a wooden tag.


So here is the layout that I created for the challenge. A shout out to Faye for hooking me up with the music patterned paper at the last crop that we attended together. It worked out perfectly for this layout.
I have had this photo of us playing in the Cape Breton Orchestra since 2011, it's about time I scrapped it. I think it was the size of the photo that threw me off, it's a 5x12.


I tried to play up the gold accents to bring out the brass in the photo of course!


I also found this great vintage gold button in my stash. The ribbon is from May Arts and oh so pretty.



The tickets, hand dyed doily and stunning flowers that I used are from The Curtsey Boutique. Be sure to pop by and check out all the great embellishments they have to offer.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!