Tuesday 23 September 2014

Dyed Clothespin Tutorial with Rit Dyes~

Today I'm sharing a quick Rit Dyes Tutorial.
This is a project that I did as a part of Tom and Megan's wedding decor. Megan's wedding colour was purple, so I incorporated it into the decor as much as I could.


To get the nice deep purple colour, I used Fuchsia and Aquamarine liquid Rit Dyes. I mixed the dyes 2 parts warm water and 1 part dyes. To get the colour you are looking for, just keep doing dip tests with a piece of paper towel to see what the colour will look like.

I left the clothespins in the dye bath for a good 30 minutes. I really wanted a saturated tone.

Then (using rubber gloves) take out the clothespins and let dry completely.
I personally don't mind a bit of a mess so....not thinking I dove right in with my bare hands. This left me with purple fingertips for a few days.


The purple clothespins looked fantastic on the old wood door.
They held photos and the table seating charts.



Thanks for stopping by to check out my Dyed Clothespin Tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!