Sunday 20 July 2014

Craft Lightning: Kid's Camp Crafts~

I am so happy to be back and a part of another installment of Craft Lightning!
All crafts that can be created in 15 minutes or less!
A huge thank you as always to 30 Minute Crafts and The Country Chic Cottage for inviting me to be a part of all the fun.
This time of the year, most of us aren't crafting quite as much. Instead we are out enjoying all of the nice weather and making memories...perhaps to be scrapbooked at a later date!
We are here with some ideas for when the kids are home and they are looking for something to do, but something that won't take forever to complete. Or perhaps you have a clan of children coming for the weekend and you need some quick and easy activities to fill some time.

Here is my 15 minute Kid's Camp Craft!


I created a monogrammed journal. I started with a boring blank notebook, nothing fancy. Just something that would be easy to cover.


Then I simply measured and cut the patterned papers to cover the front and back of the notebook.


I added the monogram using a large foam stamp letter and White Multi Surface Satin paint from DecoArt. It dries quickly and is easy to clean up if need be. Once the paint is dry you can add all of your other little stickers and gems. Kids can make it their own and personalize it.
Then once finished they have a summer journal to write down their favourite memories, get autographs and email addresses from camp friends or just doodle and draw.
For my journal I used Carta Bella's Summer Lovin' collection with it's coordinating stickers, and a white ticket and bakers twine from the Curtsey Boutique.



Thank you so much for checking out my 15 minute Kid's Camp Craft on what I hope is a beautiful summers day!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable as always! Thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I'd had a cute journal like this each time I went to camp! I'm sure I'd have some great stories to look back on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!