Friday 6 June 2014

Wildflower Mason Jar Vase Tutorial~

Today I'm sharing a little crafty project that I had so much fun creating and adore how it turned out.
This is my Wildflower Mason Jar Vase created using an assortment of fabulous May Arts ribbon.


Once I finished my sweet little project, I rushed into the backyard of our home in the city to pick "wildflowers" also known as pretty weeds!
No matter what you classify them as, I think they looked just too sweet and smelled so nice in our dining room.


Project Recipe:



Step 1: First I placed row after row of washi tape on the waxed paper. This is going to be your template or mask.


Step 2: Then I used my circle punch to cut out the hole to create the template.


Step 3: Peel the washi tape template off of the waxed paper and place it on the jar. Make sure it is secure especially on the edge where you will be painting.


Step 4: Using a foam brush, apply the chalkboard paint. Using a dabbing technique, rather than brushing may be best for your first coat of paint. Multiple coats will be needed. Follow instructions on your paint for truly curing it.


Step 5: Once the paint is completely dry, peel off your mask. If you have any paint bleeding, you can probably pick it off at this point. Or more than likely it can be covered by the next step.

Step 6: Apply your decorative Liquid Pearls.


Step 7: Add your ribbon to the jar lid. I just tacked it in the back with a little bit of hot glue.

Step 8: Cut 12-15 pieces of your chosen ribbon to about 2" long.


Step 9: Attach each piece of the ribbon in a loop, using your hot glue gun.


Step 10: Add the final layer of ribbon to the top of your loops. Now you are ready for water and pretty wildflowers!


The chalkboard front can be personalized with someone's name, perhaps the type of flower you have in the vase or just a nice sentiment for someone you care for.


I am in love with all the May Arts ribbon textures and colours working together.
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Find and Follow me on Pinterest for more crafty inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!