Wednesday 5 March 2014

Swagger Mini Book~

Today I'm sharing a Mini Book that I created using the Swagger Collection by Fancy Pants.
I have loved working with this manly collection of papers and embellishments. So with my last pieces of Swagger, I decided to create this Mini Book.

Have you ever been left with only scraps of patterns from a collection, yet TONS of  coordinating embellishments? Well, a Mini Book is a great way to use up all those die cuts, tags and stickers.


To start with, I even used the chipboard packaging from the stickers, brads and die cuts as pages for my Mini Book. I knew from the get go that I wanted my pages to be all different shapes and sizes. This was a great start. One side of the packaging was even printed with a coordinating pattern to the collection.


I wanted the front cover to be full of dimension and texture. So I used metal, corrugated grey cardboard, buttons, ribbon and one of the small coordinating envelopes.


A closer look at the ribbon and fibres I used on the rings.


I also added some adhesive backed cork here and there for more texture.
The die cuts and tags make for a very easy way to decorate pages of any size.



I love the little flagged paper clips.


I used the larger coordinating envelopes as pages, and adhered tags that were the same size together to create another page.



The back cover was just brown cardstock that I added the adhesive backed cork to.


A better look at all the different sized pages of my Mini Book.



Thank you so much for stopping by, and I wonder what you will create next with all of those left over embellishments?

Find and Follow me on Pinterest for more Thrifty Crafting Inspiration:

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tracy, this is beautiful! Love all the details!

    Wishes
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!