Thursday 20 November 2014

May Arts Ribbon: Kid's Crafting Blog Hop~

Today I am teaming up with the rest of the Ribbonistas from May Arts Ribbon to create and inspire. We are sharing ideas for crafting with your kids for the holidays.
I had so much fun creating this fun little project, that I think I am a kid at heart for sure!


So today I am sharing my Wooden Spoon Christmas Tree.


Project Recipe:
Wooden Spoon
May Arts Ribbon:
Gold Glitter
Yellow Button
Hot Glue


I picked up my wooden spoon at my local dollarstore. I chose the spoon that already had the hole drilled in the top of the handle. This just makes it so much easier to hang.


I painted my spoon with DecoArt's Dazzling Gold Paint. I then used Deco Page adhesive to paint a portion of the bottom of the spoon, then quickly added my gold glitter.

Adding the ribbon is fun and super easy. I just cut tons of pieces of different coordinating ribbon and string and then made my way up the handle of the spoon. It's simply tying knots over and over again. You can trim the ribbon afterwards to create the tree shape.
The last thing I added was my star at the top, and a button in the middle.


Thank you so much for stopping by to check out all of our creations! I hope we've inspired you to get crafty with your family over this holiday season.

9 comments:

  1. I;ve been trying to find gift ideas to give my Stampin' ladies at our Christmas party. This hop has given me several - this in one of them. Off to the dollar store to see if they have enough spoons. This is so cute.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable idea!!!! I can see many of these being created in my craft room! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing all these easy and cute ideas to get kids crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is such a fun idea! I love the end dipped in glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FUN, PRETTY and SPARKLY too - LOVE IT :)
    THANK YOU for sharing this FABULOUS project Tracy!!!
    This will be PERFECT to make with my nieces & nephews - they can paint then glitter and while the glue is drying they can cut the ribbon and by the time that's ready they can start knotting - AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty and
    a clever way to
    use the ribbon
    to make the
    tree! Love the
    gllitter.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your spoon tree is so cute!! Kids could easily make these, too. It would be darling to hang in the kitchen during the holidays. Thank you for the fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The spoon tree would be a great gift for someone who is doing the cooking at Christmas esp. made by the kids. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!