Tuesday 18 November 2014

Craft Lightning: Kid's Holiday Crafting~



I am thrilled to be a part of the Craft Lightning fun again this time around.
Thank you so much to the Country Chic Cottage and 30 Minute Crafts for organizing this bevy of creative bloggers and our inspiration.


Today I am sharing my creation as a part of the 15 Minute Craft Lightning. The theme this time around was Kid's Crafts for the Holidays.


My creation is a sweet and simple Christmas Ornament made from a wooden thread spool.

Project Recipe:
Small Strip of Patterned Paper
May Arts Ribbon: Brown Stripe and Golden Christmas Trees
2 Large Red Buttons
3 Small Brown Buttons
Hot Glue

So after you paint your wooden spool, I simply added my coordinating patterned paper.


I then took a piece of the brown striped ribbon about 12" long, folded it in half and kept the loop at the top. I then tied a knot near the top leaving a nice loop for hanging.

I then thread the ribbon through the large button at the top, then through the spool, and through the bottom button as well. Holding it all together tightly, I then tied a knot at the bottom of the ornament. Then just trim your ribbon and make the ends pretty.


Using my hot glue gun I added my May Arts golden Christmas trees and buttons in the middle.
That is it, your country chic wooden spool ornaments are finished!

Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my 15 Minute Craft creation! For more crafty inspiration, find and follow me on Pinterest!

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!