Wednesday 19 August 2015

The DiPenta Project: Part 4 {Military}~

Today with the DiPenta Project I am showcasing layouts that feature a Military Theme.
If you missed my previous posts about the DiPenta family project that I have been working on you can find them here:

The first layout is a double layout. There are closer shots of both sides of the layout a little later.
Some of you may already know how hard it is to find patterned paper and embellishments that suit Canadian Military photos. Most military embellishments out there are very red, white and blue.
I knew going in that I would be creating using more generic patterns, and adding lots of texture instead.


For this layout I used a neutral map patterned paper, and added in texture using May Arts Ribbon, cork and brads. I even recreated a red, white and blue medal embellishment with ribbon.



I also found some great vintage vellum embellishments from Tim Holtz.



I had these great cork letters in my stash, which really seem to work.



My second single page layout features photos of Paratroopers.
I kept with a similar colour theme.


I used a gold metal tape to add a little shine.



Lots of tags, and more of those vellum embellishments.


Thanks so much for stopping by to check out more of the DiPenta Project!

2 comments:

  1. Very good pages! Military pages are so hard to do. I did an entire album of WWII photos that belonged to my father-in-law. The papers, stickers, and embellishments were very hard to find a few years ago when I completed my album. You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful layout and fabulous pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!