Stop back on August 12th for the Rit Dye Blog Hop to see lots of great ideas for crafting with these fantastic dyes! I don't often work with fabric being a paper crafter for the most part, as sewing machines hate me. But when I was researching Rit Dyes, I found out that you can do so much more than I ever thought with them. For instance I found this on the Rit Dye Blog, did you know that you can dye golf balls??
I come from a golfing family, they love the game and are quite good at it. Myself, not so good at golfing. What I am good at is finding golf balls in the woods. Just call me Hawkeye! So over the years my family has accumulated quite a collection of golf balls. So I dug into the stash and started playing with dyes.
Here is what you need to do:
- In a plastic dish, pour 2 cups of boiling water.
- Add 2 tbsp of your chosen Rit Liquid Dye
- Add your clean golf balls, making sure they are completely covered
- Let sit for up to 20 minutes
- Rinse under cool water and pat dry with paper towel.
I did a little mixing of colors to get various shades of blue, purple and pink.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll stop by again on the 12th for the Rit Dye Blog Hop!