Wednesday 5 October 2011

Homemade Cheese Crackers

Today I tried making homemade crackers for the first time. Turns out, they are super easy! These crackers are similar to Cheez It crackers....YUMMMMMM.
So here is the recipe:

1 1/2 Cup Grated Cheese (I used a medium cheddar)
4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
3/4 Cup Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
(These crackers have quite a zing to them, next time I may cut back on the Red Pepper Flakes just a bit)
1 Tbsp Milk

Preheat oven to 350
Mix everything but the milk until the dough is course crumbs.
Add milk and form a ball of dough.
Roll out your dough until it is about 1/8" thick. (I used an empty wine bottle from the weekend for a rolling pin, as I do not have one :)
Cut with a pizza cutter into 1" squares.
Poke a hole in the middle of each with a skewer.
Place on parchment paper
Bake for 12-15 minutes. Mine were closer to 15min.


I would have taken a picture of my crackers however this is all that remained by the time I thought of it. They were a hit and will be made again!
Recipe adapted from one originally found on Pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!